01 November 2006

Movie Quote Quiz

Since I am going to be leaving tonight to head to Destin, Fl for Anime South (as noted on my little anime convention calendar to the right :) I have decided to post something for all the movie junkies out there. I posted a similar quiz like this on an old journal a couple of years back, but I think I only had three or four quotes. This time, I leave you with 10 quotes from 10 separate movies from various genres and time periods (though most, if not all, within the the last 4 decades or so). The format is quite simple: I give the quote and you tell me the movie... bonus points (if I gave out points) if you can get the character and/or actor who said the line. Some will be rather obvious, others not so much. Alas, I have no prizes to give other than kudos on your movie trivia powers.

I would normally make a disclaimer about using the Internet, but since I am using it to make sure my memory and the quote match, that would be rather hypocritical of me.

1) 'Let us cross over the river and rest underneath the shade of the trees'.
2) 'If you think this crowd is ugly, you should see the dancing girls.'
3) 'War will make corpses of us all.'
4) 'The dead know only one thing. It is better to be alive.'
5) 'Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.'
6) 'Why do all my generals want to destroy my bridges?'
7) 'I will tell you how he lived.'
8) 'This is the end for you, my Master'
9) 'You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.'
10) 'What the hell are we supposed to use, man? Harsh language?'

Everyone take care and enjoy the weekend (though I am sure I will be able to get online at some point as my hotel has internet access in the rooms.)

C.

6 comments:

dan said...

"Asps very dangerous. You go first."

They've been showing older movies on the Ultrascreen at one of the theaters here.

Last month was the home of that quote. This month it's the Goonies, and December is Die Hard.

Ahhh.

jedimerc said...

Ah, Raiders of the Lost Ark... I rather like that part in the movie. There's a theater in Dallas (the Inwood, I think) that shows older movies at midnight on weekends. Can't go wrong with Goonies or Die Hard, I agree.

Becky said...

I can tell that i haven't seen many of these or if I have, it was maybe once, so I won't do well.

#6 Bridge over River Kwai
#9 The Princess Bride

I think I've heard of #7 and #8 (#8 sounds like one of the Star Wars but I don't know which one).

jedimerc said...

6 does in fact deal with Bridges but not over the River Kwai (but during WWII, just the European Theatre); 9 is absolutely right. 8 is from a Star Wars film... as for 7, it is a historical film as well, which most of this do seem to be :)

Becky said...

Is #6 from Gettysburg? Otherwise, I have no clue.

jedimerc said...

Funny you mention 'Gettysburg'... I was about to post something later this evening that references 'Gettysburg'.