31 October 2006

All Hallow's Eve

I forget if technically All Hallow's Eve is the night before Halloween, or it is just the old way of saying Halloween. I know that Samhain is supposed to be the night before Halloween (or right at midnight the day of Halloween). In any event, I mostly enjoy the day/days for the old Charlie Brown special and the candy. I have enough people gunning for my soul a costume would not help much. I know one of the last times I dressed up (and this was years and years ago, back when I was waiting tables), I wore some fangs, got all pale and put on my three piece suit and called myself a 'Corporate Bloodsucker'. Of course, when I was helping run a Live Action Roleplaying game, the Crossroads, we had an event Halloween weekend, so I guess I was in costume all weekend (but I was NPCing, so I was in multiple costumes). Anyway, for those of you that really enjoy the holiday (or have enjoyed already), I hope you have a good one. I am probably going to watch 'House' and read, and get rested for my 12 hour drive tomorrow to Destin, Fl.

C.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, it's been a party night for me, what with having ZERO trick or treatesr (condos tend to be that way).

Have a safe drive!

jedimerc said...

Same here... but I live in an upstairs apartment (which also tends to scare off the trick or treaters).

Thanks, and I am certainly not looking forward to the drive (though mostly at night), but I do like that part of Florida.