08 November 2006

Movie Quote Answers

Ok, it has been a week on this, so I figure I might give out the answers... plus, what I was going to originally post I lost, so this is as good a time as any to post the answers:

For posterity's sake (and so that no one has to scroll back to the original post... unless you just happened to be scrolling through my blog for the sake of.. um, scrolling :) I have posted the original quotes... the answers will follow below them.

1) 'Let us cross over the river and rest underneath the shade of the trees'.
2) 'If you think this crowd is ugly, you should see the dancing girls.'
3) 'War will make corpses of us all.'
4) 'The dead know only one thing. It is better to be alive.'
5) 'Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.'
6) 'Why do all my generals want to destroy my bridges?'
7) 'I will tell you how he lived.'
8) 'This is the end for you, my Master'
9) 'You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.'
10) 'What the hell are we supposed to use, man? Harsh language?'

1) General Thomas 'Stonewall' Jackson, Gods and Generals (also his real life last words).
2) Fozzie Bear, The Muppet Movie
3) Faramir, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
4) Joker, Full Metal Jacket
5) William Munny, Unforgiven
6) Field Marshall Model, A Bridge Too Far
7) Nathan Algren, The Last Samurai
8) Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
9) Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
10) Frost, Aliens

Perhaps next time, I won't be so war/historical movie heavy, and maybe I might go with a different soundtrack. Or maybe I might do some general trivia, as opposed to movie only. I'm not quite NTN, but I know my way around a few Trivia Pursuit games.

C.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I think as I mentioned before that context has a lot to do with it. It's hard to pin point war quotes (like #3) when there are so many movies with wars in them. But, if you said something about a ring, there you have it:)

I've seen #1, 3, 5, 7, 8 ,9, but #3 and 9 are the only ones I've seen more than once.

jedimerc said...

You've never seen the 'Muppet Movie?!' I am stunned, simply stunned :) And since you do like war films, I highly recommend 'Full Metal Jacket' and 'A Bridge Too Far'... oh, and on the 'Lord of the Rings' quote, well, if I added a ring that might have been a touch easy, lol. And true, context can alter things a bit... and I was probably not being too fair. I have seen all these movies at least 3 times, some more than 10, so that probably affected my own context. (Hey, I love movies, as Steve Martin said in 'Grand Canyon': You need to see more movies. All of life's answers can be found in the movies. :)