19 November 2006

Glad To Be Wrong

I kept thinking the Cowboys would be stomped by the Colts, but I also knew this to be sort of a trap game for an undefeated team and the Cowboys matched up well. So, my gut was hoping for a Cowboys win and I thought they could win, just not that they would. However, I am glad to be wrong as the Cowboys prevailed 21-14, and could have won by more had our kicker not missed two field goals (admittedly long ones, but makeable). Of course, we now have a trap game in 4 days with our annual Thanksgiving game, this time against Tampa, a team we haven't played well against since the early 90's... back when Tampa was always bad.

So, go my team :)

I know transport you back to my more regular, occasionally literary ramblings.

C.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I have to admit that I don't miss scheduling Thanksgiving around the Cowboy's half-time;)

Janet said...

That is one thing about fall traditions that I am so clueless about...football.:(

jedimerc said...

becky: Well, this Thursday I just get to relax and watch the games, we're not doing Thanksgiving at my folks until Friday... still, unless I'm at the game (and I've been to two Thanksgiving games, both against Miami), I kind of like scurrying around for food and finishing just in time for the second half :)

janet: It actually surprises me more when I meet people in Dallas (my roomate being one of them) that don't like football (I can understand not liking the Cowboys, lol). What's really fun is going abroad and telling a bar full of Australians that our brand of football is better than their 'aerial ballet' or rugby :) They usually are good natured about it... usually. Failing that, buying them a round staves of any injuries I would suffer (or was going to suffer).

Enjoy Turkey Day, though, football or not :)