24 January 2007

Wind

Things are a little hectic with an unplanned move (financial issues that would take way too long to explain and talking about it would make me rant more and more sooo..), so I thought I would add another poem to the archives, one that I probably should have added sooner. Of course, I have so many that, on occasion, I lose track.

The first form of this poem began as an essay my junior year in high school, which really started me on the path to writing. This portion of an essay, which described many of the women in my life at the time,(not all that many considering I was 17 :) inspired my teachers to push me to write. Later, since the essay itself was so lyrical, I converted it to a couple of poems, then later merged them into their final form. This final form is much less idealistic than the others and was really borne of my catharsis in coping with my divorce.

Still, I have always liked the metaphor.

'Wind'

A kiss from the void...

Becoming a harbinger of death.
A battered and broken soul,
Unable to fight back,
Ready to yield.

A simple breeze...

Heralding the fury of nature.
An unrepentant victim,
Incapable of realizing
The failure of pride.

The hope of dreams...

Unleashing the storm of nightmares.
A foolish and haughty belief,
Holding on to shards
Of what will never mend.

The raging whirlwind...

Ravaging the remains of the heart.
A bitter and horrible price,
For being the one
Who could not let go.

A gentle wind...
That started it all.

A vision I could not explain.
I loved you... hated you...
Now I must live without you.

C.

No comments: