10 January 2007

Forgiving What is Unrequited

This entry is for 'Poetry Thursday' (a little early for it here, but it's already Thursday elsewhere, and this way I can do a 'Thursday Thirteen' later tonight :) The idea is to do a poem base on a cliche, and what can be more cliched than unrequited love...

'Unrequited'

Currents of time and soul simply cannot wait
In the face of what might never be,
Holding fast to memories incomplete
Dreams so fragmented
Knowing the truth of days lost to your heart.

I want to say so much...
The price, so dear.

Hopes of wonder pulsing in a forgotten instant
Sensing realization within this crucible,
Reaching beyond a vision forlorn
Tears so common
Understanding a curse in yearning for you.

I feel embers that remain...
The silence, so still.

Nights of longing drift toward a morning lament
In the shadows of what could be,
Believing words uttered so long ago
Love so unrequited
Seeking a balance to the fire in my heart.

I want to tell you so much...
The cost, so dear.
It all remains... unrequited.

C.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess "unrequited love" could be considered a cliche. It would fit into the definitions that was posted on the PT blog

jedimerc said...

It was the best I could do with such short notice :) I've dealt with it enough, it's become a cliche for me...

jedimerc said...

Thanks... I like a lot of the lines in this, though I always have trouble going back and looking at it.

Anonymous said...

Very good with deep meaning. good job!

Thank you for stopping by.

jedimerc said...

No worries and thanks for stopping by as well :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Rav'n it fits the bill for the Poetry Thursday prompt. Thanks for visiting my blog.

jedimerc said...

Thanks for stopping by too!