06 January 2007

More Wisdom From Babylon 5

Sorry don't have much today, but I am distracted by the likely Cowboys loss tonight (hope I am wrong, but...).

'We know... The true secrets, the important things. Fourteen words to make someone fall in love with you forever. Seven words to make them go without pain, or to say goodbye to a friend who is dying. How to be poor, how to be rich, how to rediscover dreams the world has stolen from you.'

Anyway, this is one of my favorite lines from B5 (hmmm, maybe for a future Thursday 13 I can throw out my 13 favorite line from Babylon 5... that would be different), and comes from the esoteric Technomages. What they do is really unimportant, though cool (using technology to appear as magic), but what is said in this bit is. It sort of explains the Technomage philosophy and definitely a unique perpsective... and I always liked the way it sounds.

Have a great weekend,

C.

4 comments:

MadameBoffin said...

But did they actually say what the words were? Then I could start using them!

jedimerc said...

Alas, no... (they are used only once that I recall, in the Centauri Prime trilogy set of novels) Yeah, I could use them too :)

Rain said...

Oh shoot I was going to ask the same thing!

Truthfully I have never seen Babylon 5, it is a t.v show right?
Hmm, maybe I should check it out.

I keep my fingers crossed for you and the Cowboys.

jedimerc said...

It is a TV show, from the mid 90's... all on DVD now, except for a straght to DVD movie coming out in the summer...

Well, Cowboys lost on a freak play, as the holder and QB botched a snap on what might have been the game winning field goal. Good game though, weird ending.