26 January 2007

A Tomorrow Found

Well a very long weekend is just beginning, to end a rather trying and painful (physically and mentally) week. I had something original planned tonight, but I decided to drag something out from the archives and hope it has not been too corrupted by all that hyperspatial interference :)

What follows is an evolution of older poems into one that I suppose is continuously evolving thanks to the nature of inspiration. Despite the lows of this week, I managed to write two original pieces and am now drastically re-tooling a third. So, the week was not a total loss then. Besides, I have had some fascinating discussions on and off line and I know I am a better person for having participated. Further, I want to thank those involved in said discussions for their comments, blogs and ideas illuminate the necessity of human discourse and its essential beauty. It would take me too long to link them all here, but suffice to say it involves most of the usual suspects who comment and allow me the privilege of joining their discussions, plus a few new faces who have helped create new ideas and made me ponder some deeper questions. Then we have cheap irreverent humour, which involves most of the Aussies :)

What does all this have to do with the following poem? Not much really, other than I am really tired and if I did not say all this now I might forget later... on the other hand, the universe moves in amazing ways and we are all a part of its mystery. So, this week, for all the lows, the universe has seen fit to reveal a little of itself to me through the light of others. Take a bow, y'all deserve it.

'Tomorrows Found'

I searched...
For a realm far removed of self,
Waiting to see once more.
All that I gave,
All that I knew,
Enfolded through memory
Fractured and forgotten,
Scattered amid this crucible
Between space and time.

I agonized...
Beyond instants within the seconds,
Reaching toward worlds disconnected of self.
All that I sought,
All that I understood,
Lost in moments
Prideful and hurtful,
Crushed by the weight
Of such tormented sorrow.

I left...
To find what I already knew,
Wanting to see once more.
All you gave,
All you understood,
In that realm far removed of self,
No longer forgotten,
Revealed by the grandeur
At the heart of space and time.

Now I see...
Tomorrow... as it was meant to be.

C.

11 comments:

Amber said...

You do have an amazing way of connecting words to make a person FEEL.

I'm sorry it was a crappy week for you. Some days, it's all any of us can do to remember to be thankful that at least we got yesterday and today and the hope of tomorrow and what it brings.

I hope the upcoming days bring more happy, good, things to balance out the bad of this last week. I've found that is usually what happens - there's a balance, sometimes it just takes a little time to achieve it. :)

Take care of yourself!

jedimerc said...

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement... I am sure things will get better and I will try and take care of myself :)

Anonymous said...

An odd thought occured to me this morning while reading your stanzas.

Since there are graphic novels, why not graphic poetry?

jedimerc said...

I have seen some pretty graphic poetry :)

Seriously, a couple of comics have taken to illustrating some poems (Marvel's Civil War storyline as an example), but it rarely catches on :)

M said...

oi, who you calling cheap? :P

jedimerc said...

:) How 'bout we just go with irreverent?

ChickyBabe said...

I like how it ends with a positive spin. Nicely done :).

Janet said...

This one reminds me of a song. Not any song in particular, but there's something definitely melodic to it.

jedimerc said...

chickybabe: thanks, and glad you noticed... the original ending was less positive :)

janet: interesting... I do try and be a little melodic at times, but wasn't intentionally doing so in this piece, but poetry does have that tendency...

Anonymous said...

I like this one. On of my fav poems that I've read on your blog so far. Reading it it almost sounds like a song. I don't think it would take much to put some music to it.

jedimerc said...

Hmm, maybe there is something to the music thing... my problem is that I understand lyrics and music, I just can't write it worth beans (and my rhyming skills are, to me at least, sub par).