04 January 2007

Disquiet Notions

I just noticed I'm nearing the 100 post barrier... not bad for just around 3 months... I think I am a little over a post a day, but I've had a few days where I had multiple posts, and a couple of 2 or 3 day gaps... so it evens out.

One of the things I find interesting is growing as a writer and the changes of style over the years... for example, the following piece is something I would never have considered in regards to style or subtext. I suppose that is the wisdom of hindsight and of course, hopefully being better at this than I used to be. .

Anyway, this piece is a bit chaotic, and it is intentional, mostly an experiment in writing without considering the verse form, something I rarely do. Still, I kind of liked the way it turned out and reminds me that a funk can be just as much philosophical as physical or emotional.

'Disquiet Notions'

Empty spaces closing advancing upon shadow
Tenuous nervous accord
Believing irrelevance drifts aside toward
Distinct yet bellicose revelations
Resigning events feigning happiness
Suppressing action desire reaction
Forcing smiles glancing askance
Though smoldering remnants consume
Distinction resolution incapable inevitable...

My price for contemplation
A welcome hope for joy
But whose...
All that I would give
Have given...

Moments inescapable soothing disquiet nights
Memories beaming through laments
A regret
All I have left to give...

And yet...
Not even regret erases these stains.

C.

No comments: