15 January 2007

The Female Soul

Continuing my thoughts on relationships and people gone, though many of those thoughts are in older posts, I am keenly interested in the concept of the soul and how it connects us in whatever capacity we want it to be. In the case of the following poem, I wrote it as a response to another(and in response to a particular format), but I think it certainly stands on its own, and is effectively my take on what a relationship might and could be.

'The Female Soul'

My soul, borne of starlight,
Reaching toward a moment,
Sensing your heart.

My heart, gentle in spirit,
Giving though burdened,
Needing your touch.

Your dreams, tender yet yearning,
Soothing a turbulent mind,
Freeing my heart.

Your heart, enfolding and warm,
Loving even in discontent,
Nurturing my soul.

C.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very romantic idea of what a relationship should/could be. Actually, reading the poem it almost (emphasis on the "almost") sounds more like a mother's love

SQT said...

I does seem like the idealized verson of a woman. As beautiful as it is, I think if a woman wrote it there would be more emphasis on perhaps the...er... more carnal appetites of a woman. Or maybe simply the lushness of how a woman feels.

The reason I say that is that I think deep inside each woman resides the more sensual side that we don't show on the surface, but it's definitely within our souls.

Anonymous said...

That's really lovely

jedimerc said...

rav'n: Oh, no doubt on the romantic side, especially since the original poem I responded to was romantic as well... interesting point about a mother's love... I sort of see it.

sqt: I am sure of that carnality and sensuality, but since I was responding to a particular style, I probably held back a little (and admittedly that is one of the things I do hold back on), but thank you for the thought... I will think on that in the future.

andrea: thanks so much :)

ChickyBabe said...

I strongly believe there are people we meet who connect with us in unique ways, yet they need not be someone we love/d.

jedimerc said...

Oh, I can relate on that end... I have met so many people in my life that I have connected with in one unique way or another and it was just that... a connection meant for the appropriate moment in our lives.