28 December 2006

Who Said This?

What follows is a little quote quiz, but I have made it a bit easier this time. I am going to give out the answers, they just need to be matched to the quote. They are deliberately deceptive and a couple are out of character for the person they match, and a couple are in fact, buried in the blog if you so desire to search that way. For whatever reason, these struck me as odd, humorous, or perplexing, and sometimes ironic and poignant.

The Answers:
A. Napoleon Bonaparte
B. Leon Trotsky
C. Robert E. Lee
D. Dave Barry
E. George S. Patton
F. Abraham Lincoln

The Quotes:
1) 'If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.'

2) 'Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to shake off the existing government and form a new one that suits them better.'

3) 'You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.'

4) 'To write history one must be more than a man; for the keeper of this great justiciary must be free of all preoccupation of interest... and of vanity.'

5) 'Whiskey - I like it, I always did, and that is the reason I never use it.'

6) 'It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. '

A couple of these are probably obvious, but this is certainly more a fun than serious exercise :)

C.

5 comments:

MadameBoffin said...

A test! I love tests! (but only if I do well in them)

I think I'm gonna do poorly in this one though because of the US references... but I'll do my best :)

1. D
2. F
3. E
4. A
5. C
6. B

jedimerc said...

You were close... :)(4 out of the 6 right) and pretty well on the US references.

Summer said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

jedimerc said...

Thanks for stopping by as well :)

jedimerc said...

Ok, since I had such a parade of participants, here are the answers:

1. D
2. F
3. B
4. A
5. C
6. E