23 December 2006

Happy Holidays Wherever You May Be

Most of us will likely spend our holiday with family and/or friends. I have already spent some time with family, and will be tomorrow and Christmas day, so I am lucky in that regard. So, I wanted to wish everyone the best for this Christmas (or whatever holiday you choose to celebrate) since this will likely be my last post until after the holiday.

In any event, I want to leave you with a short little Christmas piece I wrote some years ago when I was away from family and working, and had to work during Christmas. I was also working with some people who were also away from friends and family and I sort of had them in mind when I wrote this; however, I find it applicable to anyone that has to spend time away for whatever reason during the holidays (or time away they do not necessarily want to spend during any part of the year).

'Because'

Because I cannot hold you on Christmas Day,
I block those thoughts out
Bury myself,
Working my winter away.

I know I promised to see you on Christmas Day,
Not able to return
A deadline here, finish this please,
While I remain and they have their Christmas Day.

So dreary... tired
For the best, really you will see.
For a future and perhaps no more
Working my winters away.

Because I could not hold you on Christmas Day,
I drift warily into
A short winter's nap.
Perhaps I will dream...
Dream of holding you another Christmas Day.

C.

9 comments:

MadameBoffin said...

Not related to your post (although Merry Christmas too!) but related to your side-bar:

Holo Archives = soo cool :)

Imperial Propaganda/Rebel Literature = awesome :)

jedimerc said...

I had already added the bit on Holonet offerings and calling my posts subspace transmissions (trying to come up with a good one for comments though), so I figured why not go with a consistent theme (at least in my sidebar :)

And Merry Christmas to you as well and thanks for stopping by.

A Girl Like Me said...

Have a wonderful Christmas. You're right, we must think of others less fortunate than ourselves, and treasure the moments with our nearest and dearest.

jedimerc said...

I try when I can, absolutely. Have a great holiday and new year, and thanks for dropping by :)

Pure said...

Feliz Navidad. Faliz Navidad. Faliz Navidad prospero ano y falizedad. I liked your poem... currently the family is driving me crazy so I wish I was missing them. :p I hope you have a great one!!!

M said...

this actually resonates alot with me this year. Thanks for sharing it!

jedimerc said...

goddess: my family didn't do too bad this weekend. Actually quite nice, so pretty good :)

m: Thanks for dropping by and enjoy the remainder of the holiday and new year.

Janet said...

Leave it to you to have a Christmas poem too!:)

Merry Christmas!

jedimerc said...

Hope you had a great holiday, Janet... and I had to dig for this one, meaning I hadn't seen it in awhile.