23 October 2006

Eternal

Just a personal aside: Forgive my brevity as I just returned from OniCon (as some might notice it disappeared from my schedule, and it was a long, but mostly fruitful adventure), but I shall attempt to be far more cognitive and perhaps loquacious tomorrow...er, um... today :) so I leave you with another older piece, but one that has a slight change in style but still covers many of the philosophical issues earlier in my blog, and has a slight romantic side to it.

'Eternal'

A trillion voices call into the void of forever
Bound in a terrible though blissful illusion,
Embraced by a splendid hope
For the now to become unending tomorrow.

At the edge of this darkness I wait,
Seeking the fulfillment of a million yesterdays,
Tempered with cold reality
That my vanity might yet be a waking dream.

Is it eternal?
Tell me all we longed for will not fade.

Beyond the veil of starlight she holds fast,
Caught in a torrent of fragments of today,
Fueled by such enduring faith
In the remarkable wonder so commonly known.

What awaits in the void of forever?
Held in place through such clever illusion,
Made possible by one ideal,
Our greatest gift, this capacity for love.

Is this eternal?

C.

No comments: