23 October 2006

Mundane Things

I try not to normally post mundane complaints and aches, but man am I sore. Between loading and unloading (which I still need to do) hundreds of pounds worth of anime-style swords and junk from my upstairs apartment, the drive to and from Houston, loading and unloading at a convention center that did not have enough carts for dealers, a broken dollie (thanks to the hundreds of pounds of anime swords), and it being a relatively long walk from the exhibit hall to the docks, and not to mention the actual work at the convention, I put in far too many hours it seemed like. Thank goodness the compensation is always fair. Well, I'm still scarred from sorting Yaoi until 3 am on Friday night/Saturday morning, for some of it was terribly explicit. If you know what Yaoi is, then you understand, and you probably also understand why it was necessary to get the Yaoi to the people as it is incredibly popular. Anyway, with all of that, I still had a nice time at the show, just more bruises, nicks, cuts and muscle pulls to show for it than normal. On the other hand, I am far better off than one dealer who gave himself a terrible scalp wound and had to be rushed to the hospital when he hit his head on his trailer.

Ok, I will get back to other things later in the day.

C.

No comments: