27 February 2007

Twilight's Curse

I had intended to write something more substantial, but I realised I am going to have a rather long post for my birthday (or couple of posts... I had meant to write something about courtesy, but I am letting that linger some, I think), so decided to add another older piece that I had thought forgotten. I came up with it while in Australia but never finished it until I got back to the States, mostly just editing of course. Really, I do not know who this is about, maybe someone or something evasive, just beyond my reach (it could certainly pass as a metaphor). Like I said in the prior post, sometimes I just write and let things sort themselves out later.

'Twilight's Curse'

She haunts me tho' I know her not,
Waiting in a realm unrevealed
Whilst this heart suffers
Between the shadows of day's fading might.

I see her in a so many waking dreams,
Calling me from the edge of dawn;
Yet we can never meet
'Twixt the glow of receding night.

We pass perhaps a thousand times,
Thoughts and souls meant for other days;
Whilst this mind regrets
Amid the caress of impending starlight.

She haunts me...
And still I do not wish to see,
For this heart cannot heal,
Occluded within the darkness and the light
.

C.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Aoustralia does seam to have inspired quite a few pieces of poetry out of you hasn't it.

M said...

sounds like you need a holiday back to ..somewhere ;)

Becky said...

When's your birthday?

jedimerc said...

rav'n: Thanks, and yep, it has... sometimes a place or a moment can do that to you. I suppose I have had a lot of moments in those places.

m: Yeah, I wouldn't mind a holiday... somewhere, absolutely :)

becky: tomorrow (the 1st).

ChickyBabe said...

I enjoyed reading this poem, haunting yet calming...

jedimerc said...

That would be a pretty fair assessment... especially since it does have a dreamy-feel to it (at least that was some of my intent in writing :)