08 March 2007

Poetry Thursday: Stains

This is written in response to Poetry Thursday: the prompt is red. This is the first time I have officially responded to the prompts, so here goes.

'Stains'

I see them... I see it...

Such a small, unassuming space...
to unleash a thousand kinds of hell.
So many places, why this?
when so many others might do.
So many deaths in a callous instant...
for nothing more than a... word.

I shout to them... I yell...

Such a shattered, terrible milieu...
as the madness consumes it all.
So many lost, for what?
when so many others should do.
So many histories fragmented in fury...
for nothing save we asked them to.

I reach...

Such a quiet, calm sound...
to end the horrors of the day.
So many forgotten, and now?
when no one else could do.
So much I needed to say...
for the stains shall never fade.

C.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you definitely made the prompt work. very nice... and sad and powerful and intense

Anonymous said...

I think you definitely made the prompt work. very nice... and sad and powerful and intense

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I admire anyone that can make writing prompts work. I've never been good at that, though I did try it once with a story.

jedimerc said...

rav'n: thanks, and I did want to do something a little different with it. Funny, after reading your post and typing out my comment, I realised I had an idea... strange how that stuff happens.

mistress: It usually doesn't work for me. I have to be in the right mood I guess. But sometimes, it is good practice to do these things. On the other hand, if the work doesn't meet my standards, then I wont' do the prompt :)

Scout said...

I like this one a lot Chris.

jedimerc said...

Thank you :)