17 April 2007

Writing... Just Not Blogging

I know it has been a few days and I have been bad about checking on many of the blogs I frequent, and for that I do apologise (I should have some time later this week, though, since I am actually not going to be in Boston this weekend due to schedule changes). I have been writing a lot, finishing up a conversion and gaming materials for a D20 version of Robotech (a very cool 80's anime series for those that do not know), and while it is a simple home-brew version, I have taken great care to get the flavor and flow of the series, so that has been time consuming, though fun, especially when the playtest worked out pretty well, enough that I will make it a regular game. Also on the writing front, I have been working on a book/commentary idea, mostly in the formative stages, but I have written the introduction and much of the material in the book will be gleaned from many of my posts and essays, though expanded upon as I can. I really cannot say much more until I do the writing and the work will evolve as they often do. Suffice to say it will cover a spectrum of ideas and ideals, but my whole goal is to offer a path to understanding and solutions, whether far-fetched or not, but solutions nonetheless. We (people as a whole) complain about what is wrong so much and expect change from without, when it must start from within. This is what I intend to explore as best I can. I will be sure to let you all know how things go and perhaps post some excerpts as well. Anyway, that is the plan :)

Again, I hope to catch up more later this week and make my regular visits as I can.

C.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo to fewer posts but huzzahs for writing! I know you probably want to keep it to yourself but go Chris!

ChickyBabe said...

I've been doing the same, more writing and less blogging. Yours sounds intriguing :).

Anonymous said...

"We (people as a whole) complain about what is wrong so much and expect change from without, when it must start from within."

so true.

dan said...

RTech has been getting the star DVD treatment lately, tis true enough.

Being busy keeps us out of trouble. ;)

jedimerc said...

phil: Thanks... I do want to make some of the writing public, just when it is more coherent :)

chickybabe: I hope it goes well for you then, and what I am doing (aside from the gaming stuff) is pretty complex, especially putting it together (or putting the core of the thesis together, though it is not technically a thesis :)

kate: indeed, and one can only show the way... change has to begin with the self first.

dan: Yeah, Shadow Chronicles was great and is a nice transition from the series and puts enough Sentinels elements together to satisfy continuity, though it does disregard some of the book material... but that's ok, cause it was cool :)