13 August 2007

Summer and Rebirth

Well, summer finally has arrived in North Texas two months late (thank goodness, really, our electric bill was half of last year's this time) and the whole past week and most of this one has shaped/is shaping up to be a scorcher (I think 105 today with heat indexes over 110). Not near as bad as last year, and it is even supposed to get into the mid 90's by Saturday (yay, since I have an outdoor LARP event that day). Even still, the world can surprise you and make the heat of summer fade into memory.

'Rebirth'

All that I have known...

Lost in the quiet of my mind yet
Reborn in tender starlight
Cast gently
From the edge of time
Made manifest in the
Warmth of your
Caress.

All I can see...

Drifts upon currents of space
Revealed in passionate movements
Formed in the ebb and flow
Of the hearts of stars...
Connected by the
Light of your

Soul.

All I am...

Waited at the edge of memory
Borne in the fires of the unimagined
Until these moments
Of wondrous anticipation
Fueled by the light of the universe
Within your
Eyes.

All we are...
Has yet to be written
But rests within the welcoming arms
Of love.

C.

6 comments:

Scout said...

I love it.
So, who is this mystery woman?

jedimerc said...

Some girl... :) and thanks.

I did notice I forgot a title for the entry... fixed that

Anonymous said...

very romantic. glad you're back to posting your poems

jedimerc said...

I try, and thanks :) and it is nice to right something like this again.

Rain said...

I am a hopeless romantic at heart and I really like this poem :)

jedimerc said...

Yay for all us hopeless romantics and thank you :)