17 August 2007

Sometimes Words Fail You...

I admit it, for all my facility with words, they can fail me. Worse, when they fail me, it can have an adverse effect on others, and not the intended result. I suppose that is the irony of what I do and what I am. I can say so much with so little and so little with too much and maybe not enough at all. All I know is that I am better than those words, and should have known better; however, emotion often enters into these things and cause the failure of words. I know better now, but again, hindsight is the ultimate expression of a failure of communication, and as one who knows history, I should know the perils and pitfalls of hindsight.

Still, tomorrow brings hope as it often does... and that is always a good thing.

C.

4 comments:

Scout said...

It's really okay... *Kisses*

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Words always fail me when I need them most...or they cause me to put a foot in my mouth.

Anyway.. (HUGS)

dan said...

Talking's always harder than writing.

unless someone's watching over your shoulder.

It's being looked at that makes it kooky.

jedimerc said...

Jessie: Thanks :)

mistress: hugs back and thank you as well :)

dan : I quite agree... I hate it when people watch me write, but then I have had to compose a few poems on the fly.