01 May 2007

Spider-Week And Other Ramblings

Well, more and more people will be talking about 'Spider-Man 3' as the day draws near. I have to admit, even with the wimpy Topher Grace playing Eddie Brock, I am still looking forward to my favorite late 80's/early 90's bad guy, Venom. I think I am supposed to go see the film with my sister at a midnight showing but one never knows.

In further nerd news, I started playing the Lord Of The Rings Online game, and aside from some small hiccups that new games have, it is not too bad. I prefer it over Warcraft based on setting, though I am told the controls, quests and other details are similar. Well, go with what works, I suppose.

Everyone have a good week and enjoy the new month... I will try and post something with a little more substance soon.

C.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes i've been anticipating seeing spiderman 3 also. can't wait.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Hmmm is Danny Elfman doing the score for Spidey 3?

M said...

go spidey!

jedimerc said...

I say go Venom :) but sometimes, the bad guys win... speaking of bad guys.. I'm getting really confused on who is the bad guy and who isn't on Lost, even being caught up (and what's this business about Hell?)

Oh, and I do not know if Danny Elfman is doing the score... I would say probably if he did it before and they have the same director (which they do)

Fab said...

Hi, just popped round for a visit. There was a movie special on tv about Spidey. It looked impressive and I hope it will be. It would be a pitty to end the trilogy in disappointment.

dan said...

Most MMOs are similar in play... the great difference being in setting and such. Personally, i enjoy the tongue firmly in cheek humor of the warcraft setting... but, that's me.

Dead gnomes in red shirts as part of an "away team" crack me up.

Topher should have had more lines. Stole every scene he was in. (Again, imo) "My spidey sense is tingling, if you know what I mean..."

jedimerc said...

fab: I enjoyed much of it, but Venom should have had more screen time. Thanks for dropping by.

dan: I agree with Venom having more lines, no doubt. I liked some of the humor of Warcraft, but it sort of wore on me, plus watching the way people act in raids was pretty depressing for society as a whole :) After a week of LOTR, I can say that most people act about the same, but I do like the flavor of the game a great deal. I don't think there is quite enough to do yet because too many people are on too many of the same quests... I find that annoying, though I have had few group/fellowship problems.

Becky said...

Ah, so THAT'S where you've been all this time? :)

Anonymous said...

I had my doubts about him as well, but I have to say that I think Topher did better as brock than Macguire ever did as parker. As usual the villains were the best thing about the movie

jedimerc said...

becky: Yep, hiding in my shell, attached to the computer with an IV of soda and popcorn by my side :)

rav'n: Yeah, I must agree... the villains always seem to make these types of movies.