15 July 2007

An End to Love...

How odd that I would blog on the same weekend after not writing for so long. Well, one never knows when inspiration takes you, even if it is a moribund inspiration at best. I had just logged out of Lord of the Rings Online, looked for a moment at my blog, then just started writing. Perhaps I had been mulling over the thoughts of such things, how we sometimes linger on in love even when we should not. I know I am guilty of this, and the romantic part of my will always want to press on even though the reality stares me plain in the face. So maybe this poem is more about me recognising the traits in myself... or I could have just felt like writing... nah, that would be too simple.

'End of Love'

Warmth... the gentle calm of your caress
Betrays little and yet so much
Your eyes, pleasant though distant
A smile tender but waning...
Movements lost in requited passion
Forgotten if only for this moment,
Suppressing this ache of the soul.

Light... resplendent in the face of 'morn
Denies nothing but shields so much
Your words, welcome though trying
An embrace furtive yet unending...
Ecstasy enraptured within fragments of joy
Searing our hearts for but an instant,
Holding fast to this end of love.

Echoing across the void of time...
I am forever haunted by the memory of love.

C.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've captured taht feeling perfectly. beautiful words in such a forlorn poem

jedimerc said...

Thanks, that was more or less what I was going for, a sense of beauty amid the forlorn :)

Scout said...

Are you still haunted?

jedimerc said...

I think I am always haunted a little, just by memories, like it said, but not so much anymore... I was perhaps a bit melodramatic as one often is in poems, but still memories linger in places you never want them to.

jedimerc said...

I am now... and will be for some time, but that is just how it is for someone like me.